Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bus-piration

This morning, the bus smells like ginger Chanel Number 5 Yves Lagerfeld, and sage Obsession and patchouli foot breath and henna shampoo with breakfast meats and toothpaste and Sure and sunshine on Oriental lilies and the cigarette-smoky sweat of the girl in front of me who looks like she's enjoying the spiced sprinkles of the ugly pretty bus world's airbourne hors d'oeuvres.
Elliot, 10:06 AM

2 Back at me:

At first glace your post was disgusting. After a re-read and some thoughtful reflection I've hit upon what's so absolutely wonderful about your writing.

You notice things.

You pay attention to that which most of us take for granted - nay - ignore!

We are "deletion" creatures, yes? The "immediately pressing" is where we focus the bulk of our energies and we often have blinders on to most of our senses and to the hundreds upon thousands of little things that make up our world.

You write about these things that we pass by which means you're aware of them. Definitely a skill I would like to strengthen in myself.

This post reminds me of one I read back around Christmas time that described the white lights on the leaf-less tree branches along a downtown street. The light reflected in the office-building windows and... I don't remember much more but I noticed the same attention to detail in that person's post.
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 10:34 AM  
Mmm...I'll bet some of it stuck to your clothes, didn't it, and when you stand next to a co-worker, they say, "Took the bus today, huh?"

That's what happens when I stand too close to Cologne Guy at work. For the rest of the day I have the scent of him in my nose and everyone around me sniffs me like a dog and says, "You were talking to Ami, weren't ya?"

Ditto on your incredible descriptions...turtle guy said it better than I ever could!
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 11:22 AM  

Say sump-tun