Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Footbawl!

The first big slate of NFL games begins today and me and my newly-turned-9-year-old are reserving two parking spots in front of the TV for the morning/afternoon. He loves football, just like the old dude, so we are a unified front in the house. We have an impenetrable argument--dad spends quality time with the boy, explaining the game--thereby "interacting", and I get to watch my beloved football. In between, we have "contact" via handslaps, hugs, and faux tackling onto the couch (in the opposite direction of the beer/root beer, of course, or, hopefully). So, we win!

See, if I was just trying to watch the games alone, suddenly, the tree out back will drop a thousand leaves, weeds will erupt in the garden, shelves and cabinets will fall apart, and a layer of grime will appear over every surface of the house, all needing immediate attention right when the 4th quarter begins.

So, since we have the clearance, the plan is as follows:

God, I love football Sundays!

Elliot, 8:42 AM

6 Back at me:

(Teri endulges wicked streak)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Denise_richards.jpg

Enjoy the bbq!!!
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman, at 10:36 AM  
I'm currently eating leftover bbq ribs that a co-worker brought in from a tailgate this weekend. So I tip my red-rimmed fingers to you and say, Go Lions!
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 9:18 AM  
I'm with Susie... ribs and brisket?? You might just get me interested in football at this rate!
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 12:08 PM  
Hope you guys had big fun!
Blogger Lucia, at 12:44 PM  
Teri: That's quite a diva-licious pose she's struck there. And, she was born to wear that dress, wasn't she?

Suzi: Brisket! I answered every question today with "Brisket!" and annoyed the heck out of everyone.

Mona: I tip my drippy fingers to Lions fans. You folks have some thick skin. I like the black jerseys, though.

TG: Texas BBQ can elevate a "listen to paint dry" party to an event worthy of the gossip columns.

Lucia: The (barbeque-laced) grins on our faces lasted all day long.
Blogger Elliot, at 12:50 AM  
Jeremiah, you crack me up... continuously!
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 3:41 PM  

Say sump-tun