Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Poetry Friday!

This week's word is "wish". My contribution to the word of the week is short. But, it means something big to me.

I remember when I was but a child, my little brother, we'll call him "Jezadiah," asked me what I'd do if I had three wishes. Well, being a kid and not, from what I could remember, ever knowing that there was a number higher than a million, I quickly said "A million dollars."

I had to think about the other stuff for a second. I finally said, "And a hundred dogs, and a million pounds of candy."

Then, I asked him. "What would you wish for?"

He looked at me and said, "A million dollars, the fastest car in the world. And.." he paused for a second, "three more wishes!"

I could only nod and grin. I think it was the first time I thought that maybe my little brother might, might, MIGHT be a little, little, LITTLE bit cool.

Turns out, he was a whole lot of cool, and smart, and funny. I someday hope I'll be cool enough to be his opening act!

One of my wishes now would be that everyone had a bro like Jez.
Elliot, 12:44 PM

6 Back at me:

Every family needs "the smart one". In my family it is my oldest brother, and i am "the smart ass one".
A million $ just doesn't go as far as it used to. Inflation.
Blogger meno, at 2:38 PM  
Poetry Friday... something I'll have to pay a wee bit more attention to... now that we're studying Sonnets in English class.

Your story reminds me of a T-shirt I had when I was 10. It had a picture of a mouse on it in front of a scroll. A big quill in hand, the mouse had a grin on his face. The list read "All I Want For Christmas Is..." and the list continued:

-Million Dollars
-Rolls Royce
-Diamonds

Hmm.. says something about Western society, now doesn't it.
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 3:37 PM  
I love your current wish. I have a brother that I absolutely adore who is like Meno says, the smart one. And great brothers (I have three wonderful brothers) are something every person should have!
Blogger Lynnea, at 3:35 PM  
Ain't it cool when your siblings are people you'd actually pick as friends?
Blogger Sarah Elaine, at 9:46 PM  
The more time passes, the more my middle sister is my hero. And a weee bit...no...a HUGE bunch...cool.
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 9:47 AM  
awwww, a sweet little brother and his equally sweet wishing.
Blogger Jenn, at 5:50 PM  

Say sump-tun