Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Nature Needs More Comfy Places to Sit

During my snow day wanderings, I came upon this little convenience (and, as Burning Spear said: "We want more convenience. More endorsed checks. We want more convenience."). I laughed and then photographed.


And, then, of course, I sat. Here's the view.


I tell you, life would be so much more charming if people would just occasionally drag soft, fashionable furniture to great views and leave it there for all to enjoy. I mean, an occasional sofa in the front yard isn't going to cut it--a view of your El Camino on cinderblocks isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a king-sized, cushy bed by the lake, or a loveseat on the edge of a canyon.

Thumbs up for scenic furniture disposal tactics! Ask not what your country can do for you...
Elliot, 6:16 AM

8 Back at me:

I remember on some random tv show I saw a bed by a lake. I thought how romantic that would be. Until it rains.
Blogger Lynnea, at 6:50 AM  
Wouldn't that be fabulous. That chair is hysterical.

I knew that the McMenamin Brothers had a good thing putting couches and love seats in their restaurants and movie theaters.

Oh wait, not that kind of view.
Blogger Jenn, at 2:11 PM  
You bring the couch, I'll bring the dresser, in which we'll store umbrellas, scotch, and a fine assortment of chocolates. Oh, and we may need a squirt bottle of bleach water to scare off varmits....
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 7:30 AM  
"Ask not...", indeed!

You scored, mang!

To Susie's comment, did I ever tell you about my friends who rafted the Grand Canyon? They had to sport portable potties for the entire 2 weeks. You are not permitted to soil the soil. How's that for scenic placement?

To Emma... bad, bad girl!

To Mona... Scotch? Did I hear someone say... Scotch?
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 11:54 AM  
Brilliant! I was almost tempted to ask if I could sit on your lap... But that may have come across differently than I meant it, so best I just keep my sweet, innocent trap shut.

Nice view.
Blogger Sarah Elaine, at 10:34 PM  
HEY!! I see you! Nice profile pic.
Blogger Jenn, at 12:41 PM  
I think this is fabulous! Worth the beauty view...I stare out at a main street in a small town in Canada! We're still waiting for major snow so we can go skiing and look at views like yours!

(saw you at Mona's)
Blogger Mother of Invention, at 5:08 AM  
Maggie: "until it rains" is how I expect every delight to be judged here in the Great Northwest.

Suoo: Well, I didn't sit on it with no pants on. And, the toilet thing gives me an idea for a new travel coffee table book. Jeremiah's Travelling Toilet. I go exotic places, and be photographed sitting on the toilet! Insane? Yes!

Emma: It's on the If You Ever Meet Jeremiah Tour, so, yeah.

Mona: It's a date.

TG: Carry a toilet for two weeks? I want to make a joke about "roughage-ing it" but I can't bring myself to it...

Sarah: Well, I could put on some leather pants and then have a leather lap. How about that?

Suozie: He's filling in for me while I slack horribly...

MOI: Welcome! What's cool about this view is that it is actually in a very populous neighborhood, but the placer of the chair angled it just so, so you don't see the piles of houses, just the pile of trees.
Blogger Elliot, at 8:38 AM  

Say sump-tun