Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Time Travellin' Jeremiah

Okay, I suppose it's time to hit the thrift store and find me a nice Member's Only jacket because it seems that I've hit the Time Skids and am now reverting back to the 80's, so I need to dress for it.

Over the last week, probably because, thanks to my doctor, my mortality has now brought its luggage over to my house and has moved in, I've found my mind and words drifting back to those glory days of yester-life when I could eat a pile of eggs and bacon and drink half a gallon of WHOLE milk for breakfast, then go to work, then come home, drink a couple of beers, go play some hoops, then take a nap and a shower, not necessarily in that order, then have to actually refuse gettin' it on with my girlfriend because, and I quote me, "we've got to try to LIMIT it to ONCE a day", then go eat an ultimate cheeseburger, then go out, have a few more drinks, then, at 3am, eat another pile of bacon and red meat and, the next day, not only feel just fine, but have lost 2 pounds of fat, and gained an extra ripple of muscle in my six-pack belly. Ah, the 80's.

Cases in point:



So, I think I'm sliding backwards, getting like they say old men get. The only thing I need to figure out, and therapy may help, is either if I'm actually getting older or if by some miracle, I'm becoming like the old Jeremiah from 25 years ago. Either way, I suppose, I'm headed for insanity.

Which then, all I can do is follow Prince's advice from Purple Rain: "Let's Go Crazy!"
Elliot, 6:58 AM

6 Back at me:

I have printed out this blog post and am now rolling in it like a dog. And barking my approval.

I, too, have been have 80s Flashbacks. I blame VH1 for all those documentaries and "I Love the 80s" things.

I blame living in a college town for reminding me of that time I got drunk on wine and passed out in front of Restaurant Not There Anymore, and my friend had to rope a cabdriver into helping me into the dorm.

I blame mp3 player makers for not naming them 'Walkman' so I don't look like a total idiot in front of the kids.

Wanna get together and drink some Tab and listen to my new Loverboy album?
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 8:38 AM  
I actually have the 45 of Video Killed the Radio Star... I kept all my old 45's, thinking my kids would want to play them one day. not only do they not want to play them, but of course they don't get near a record player at all...

we've gotten rid of at least two Walkmans in the moving purge.. so sad, so sad....
Blogger ipodmomma, at 12:25 PM  
Oh my, were the 80's really 25 years ago?! I want to wear my collar turned up and throw a sweater over my shoulders.

I hate it when the mortality starts packing its luggage around. Hope yours moves back out soon!
Blogger Gwynne, at 8:54 PM  
That's funny, I've had Video Killed the Radio Star in my head the last two days.

You know, the 80's styles are coming back in now, so go ahead and get those leg warmers and Members Only jackets out.
Blogger Lynnea, at 3:51 PM  
If you start dreaming about Alexis Carrington from Dynasty, do not walk, RUN! to see a therapist.

There's the 80s and then there's THE 80s.

(BTW, totally enjoyed this post, and, of course, Mona stole my perfect comment about rolling on it like a dog. Ha!)
Blogger Lucia, at 3:57 PM  
and I just put a mullet contest on my bloggage? It must be 80s week.
Blogger Jenn, at 5:50 PM  

Say sump-tun