Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Friday Reproduction

Reproduction is the Friday word. I'm 'bouts to break it down thusly:

Re-
Release. Every day, at some point in my commute, I scream or say something completely random. ("Walla Walla!" or "Damn those oranges" or "Speak like muddle-bones, will ya!"). It is an outburst caused, I believe, by a condition somewhere between Tourette's and the spontaneous death of yet another brain cell.

-pro-
Professional. Everybody is one. Years ago, I went to see a concert by Gil Scott-Heron, he of "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" fame. ("The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal. The revolution will not get rid of the nubs. The revolution will not make you look five pounds
thinner, because the revolution will not be televised, Brother."). At the show, he told us all that each of us is a natural born professional; each of us has an "-ology". He said that he was a "truth-ologist." He challenged us all to find our "-ology." What pro-fession are you? Blogologist maybe? I've decided that I'm an "imaginologist" myself. Not because I am some imaginative innovator, but because I spend an inordinate amount of time in the realm of imagination, speculation, and idealist-ication. I know the dreaming mind well.

-duct-
Tape. Duct tape. Does it all. You can wear it, repair with it, and strengthen with it. I thought I was jaded to its infinite uses. That was until muh Boy got a wart on his foot and the actual medical remedy was to put some sort of wart medicine on it and then wrap it in duct tape. That is, directly to the skin. I was thinking, what next, then bleed him for ten minutes every night, and sacrifice a chicken, in hope that we can rid him of the vapors? Well, we didn't have to do all that, but with the application of med and duct, his wart succumbed and I was enlightened. Oh mighty Duct, what wonders will you accomplish next?

-ion.
Ion. Ionosphere. The "four layers of the Earth’s upper atmosphere in which incoming ionizing radiation from space creates ions and free electrons that can reflect radio signals, enabling their transmission around the world." It's the ionosphere we get to thank for communication. Who would have figured that the very Earth itself encourages us to talk and listen to each other? It's not enough that it nourishes our survival, but it also facilitates our community. It even has made provisions for technology. Whoa. I'm sure the Earth also harbors the cure for every disease, the secret for peace, and, maybe even entwined, in the threads of some roots somewhere, the names of the winners of the next ten super bowls. Most amazing is how it facilitates our reproduction. Here's to future generations finally realizing just how much the Earth is on our side.
Elliot, 8:28 AM

2 Back at me:

so a duct saves a chicken.... intriguing!!!

and yes, it is rather a friendly planet...
Blogger ipodmomma, at 6:37 AM  
That wart thing? It works? Girlchild has one on her toe that we started putting wart meds on last night. So...what, so put on the med, let it dry, and wrap her big toe in duct tape? And voila?

Duct tape has saved my sorry hide more times than I care to mention....
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 4:55 AM  

Say sump-tun