Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Ten Ounces of Prevention

Aye, matey! I am hereby cured of the pleurisy! I may now continue me plunderings about the land and sea without pain or hindrance! Watch my size! I'm dangerous!

However, my ravage upon the unsuspecting was very quickly curtailed this fair morn when I stopped my vessel to go use a public toilet facility, for, as I approached the urinal, I was greeted with a big, yellow sign that screamed at me, in big black blocky letters:

"Please do not urinate on the floor."

I, for one, was glad that someone decided to remind users that floors, though they offer much more surface area, are generally for walking upon and, occasionally, as probably was the case in this particular restroom, sleeping in a heap upon.

However, if this place actually needed such a sign to assure that it remained a relatively clean room of rest, then I had to admit that the sign probably could have been a little more encompassing. Maybe something like "Please do not smear feces on walls" or "Please do not clog toilet and then flush several times" or "Please be aware of how damaging to your political career it could be if you decide to solicit other men in stalls adjacent to you."

I'm not of the "the floor is always an option" crowd, so the sign didn't sway me (no pun intended), but I was glad to see it and, so, it qualified as my levitation celebration of the day, which tells you a little about my day.
Elliot, 11:34 PM

3 Back at me:

this was my first big laugh of the day... hoping for more, might not get them.

so a big ta cheers thanks love! glad you're feeling better too...
Blogger ipm, at 9:09 AM  
I never could figure out how people got raised that a bathroom could look like that. And sometimes it could take only a day or two. Eeew.
Blogger Lynnea, at 6:08 AM  
I'm glad ye be cured of the ailin', argh. Hoist the Jolly Roger!

I need that sign for the bathroom. A smaller version for the Boy-child. Who sometimes misses and doesn't care and WHO has to mop the floor? Me. And that's changing soon, you betcha.
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 4:27 AM  

Say sump-tun