Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oh No -- NaNo

Well, I'm doing the NaNoWriMo thing this year. It starts on Nov. 1 and I'm going to owe myself 1600 words a day for 30 days. As my regular readers who are left are probably thinking, "Yeah, it's more like Na-NO WAY for him." Yeah, I know that I've been amiss in the writing, which is exactly why I'm signing myself up for some serious novelling for the next month, so that I will be forced to produce syllables and sentences.

So, the result next month this time should be a book of some sort, but, likely, a little less than an active blog, though I will try to update as frequently as I can. In fact, the exact opposite of what I fear may happen -- I may end up writing like a damn fool, throwing words around like they're mere exhalations. I did come to some sort of revelation today after I had my head scalped by my barber -- it's possible that the only way I'm ever going to retain anything about my life is if I record it somehow. My brain is just too damn scattered to be counted on to serve me as an effective tool for conversation, recollection, and realization. I'm going to ultimately need to read what I'm thinking. That may explain my unnatural love for note-taking applications and pens and recording myself. I'm simply going to need to write everything down, or recite it into a microphone, in order for any word or work that graces my flighty brain to actually survive.

So, a de-levitating I go. And, it's likely some of you may go down with me because I'll be reporting from the depths. I promise I won't disappear. I'll just get real dark.

Down umbrella!
Elliot, 10:59 PM

6 Back at me:

not NaNoway at all...

but a Californian "Waaaaayyyyy, Duuude" sent from south-a-ways....

looking forward to your observations!!!
Blogger ipm, at 7:39 AM  
All right, in the NaNoRing together! Busting out the word counts while still trying to make every word count. Of course, ultimately the goal is to just get it written down. So turn off that editor and blast forth.

Can you tell I'm all excited? In fact, I think I might be levitating!
Blogger Lynnea, at 9:55 AM  
I just blogged about you today. No really, I mentioned I wanted to see you post more.

WOOHOO, I'm levitating with Maggie.
Blogger Jenn, at 9:43 AM  
I knew I should have added some weight to you your shoes. Have you levitated away?
Blogger Jenn, at 8:07 PM  
Howdy, stranger!
'Down umbrella', indeed. That's how I've felt about blogging... all kinda closed up. Life's been full and rich, and not much time for sharing, but I have also not felt like sharing my personal life with everyone.

Ebbs and flows and all that...

Good to see you're still writing, and I'm looking forward to a podcast of yours one day! ;)
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 9:15 AM  
Dude! where for art though Jeremiah?
Blogger ipm, at 7:40 AM  

Say sump-tun