Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

You Got Your Job All Over You

I decided to celebrate another day of living today by getting an extra
large cup of my Herb-O-Charged 7-11 coffee and, as I went up to pay,
some patrons in front of me unknowingly blessed me with a new
Jerimi-oliday idea.

See ...

The folks in front of me were all painters. I knew this because, using
my keen powers of perception, I could see that they were wearing
paint-splattered clothes. Now, my first coffee-deficient thought was
"Why would they get up in the morning and put THAT on first thing?"
Well, almost suddenly, I caught a whiff of sensifying coffee and I
realized, of course, why they dressed like that. If they're going to be
painting all day, why the poop would they wear clean clothes? They're
just going to end up paint-splattered anyway. Duh on me!

But, then, that's when the head gears got to cranking. I told myself,
"Hey, Self! How cool would it be if everyone did that? You know, in the
morning, just wear clothes that will resemble what your clothes will
look like at the end of the day anyway! Or, even further, just go in
behaving like you're going to end up behaving anyway!"

We'll call it "Go to Work Looking Like You're Going to Look After Work" Day!

So, people in pressure jobs can go ahead and wear a sweat-stained,
wrinkled shirt to work. Food workers can come in with grease smeared on
their chests. ER workers can on the blood before getting on the
bus. DMV workers can go ahead and practice that frown as they brush
their teeth for work. Me, I'd have some fun with it. I should just go in
with a martini in my hand and a maniacal look on my face. My shoes will
be untied and my fly will be open. All of these are ways that I have
ended my work day. And, on each occasion, I bothered to come in feeling
pretty slick and cool and ready for the day.

In fact, now that I think about it, I'll just wear paint-splattered
clothes to the office because, figuratively, that's probably much closer
to what I look like at the end of the day than anything else.

Elliot, 12:19 AM

2 Back at me:

chuckle chuckle... :)))
Blogger ipm, at 6:47 AM  
7-11 sells dope-laced coffee? I may have to rethink my boycott.
Blogger meno, at 8:01 PM  

Say sump-tun