Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Look what's under the snow!

We got a bunch of snow here in the metropolitain area of the Pacific Great Northwest Region. At my place, about 8 inches total fell over a few days and that effectively crippled the entire city. Side streets in my hood never got plowed, many cars languished sideways in ditches and against rails, the trash collectors never came (two weeks and counting--the crows are having a party--this is the Great Garbage Event that has been written about in crow lore), and even mall parking lots never got fully plowed so that Christmas shoppers were constantly kept from Christmas shopping (all the while, retailers cry about a downturn in business--hey, I've got 100 bucks I'd love to spend if I can just get my car into your lot!).

Anyway, that's no excuse for me being gone for a year, but it does offer up a metaphor for my absence. I've been snowed in by life itself. Nothing tragic, thank (insert deity of your choice), but certainly weighty. And, I know there have been folks wanting to read, if I would only write, by golly, and I apologize. But, I'm struggling back awake here and I realize, somehow, that part of the therapy I need is actually not to stop writing, but to write more, dang it! There's plenty to say. So, let me brush off the slush and get back to it, albeit slowly. Yea, soon the cold drifts of my absence will be warmed away by the sunshine of my presence and soon, green patches of my words will sprout the flowers of brief, but levitating, coherence. Or, something like that.
Elliot, 11:25 AM

2 Back at me:

oh, I know that feeling... but here it's not snow, but the sun that never seems to find a cloud behind which to hide...

and let's not even bring up the lack of precipitation... rain's an event.

having said all that, I am SO glad you're dusting off your skis, so to speak. actually you said nothing about skis, but I'm just glad I spelled it correctly.

in the meantime, I'll be at...

http://annascottgraham.blogspot.com/

and things around there are....

slow in coming. but like all good bits, I suppose that's the way of it.

Happy 2009! btw... no goodbyes, only hellos... :)))
Blogger ipm, at 3:32 PM  
My cousin lives in Seattle. When he was first married, they lived here in Calgary. She was amazed, nay - floored - when he got up one morning to SHOVEL THE SNOW and START THE CAR to go to work.

Indeed, in Seattle, everyone shuts down. Interesting, the perspective.
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 1:40 AM  

Say sump-tun