Jeremiah's School of Levitation

Upsy-Daisy!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Andrew Jackson and the Special Purpose

So, I reclined for a month or so to find out why I really exist, is how tha story goes. Guess what? I fount out.

I'm here to do exactly what the dang title of my dang blog says I'm here to do: Levitate! Celebrate something every day, that is (black gowld, Texas Tea)..

Because, hell, as Joy Roberts used to tell me back in 4th grade: "Jeremiah, you PLAY too much!"

So, okay, maybe 34 years later, I can admit that she was right.

I celebrated this epiphany with a bottle of cheap wine cooler, after a kick-butt session at the gym, thereby probably ruining all the reps on the bicycle that I did so determinately as I read that Andrew Jackson, in his life, had been shot in the chest, where a bullet remained for life; shot in the arm, which shattered his bones; had been shot by smallpox and, somehow, survived, in spite of the ignorant medical treatments of the time (bedrest, warm wet towels, and, probably, a good bleeding every day). Finally, as prez, he had been the almost-victim of an assassination attempt by a crazy who had two guns, which both misfired--the odds being 1 in 125,000 that such a thing would happen. I had another shot in his honor, this one, though, only FIGURATIVELY from a gun.

Andrew Jackson. The American Rasputin. Reason to celebrate!
Elliot, 12:37 AM

6 Back at me:

I'm in shock.

I don't know what to say.

You've given us another shot of Jeremihan insight.

Thanks!
Blogger Turtle Guy, at 3:28 AM  
The way I see it, the alcohol was medicinal, so those reps you did on the bike were amped up just that much more by the body's attempt to process the wine cooler.

That's Mona Logic.

I'm glad you're back here, 'cause Teh Internets ain't been the same since you been gone, Jeremiah Playtoomuch.
Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 3:44 AM  
What a relief. We had no one around showing us the way to levitation (Do you know the way to Levitate?..Bah bah bada ba ba ba baaaa).
Blogger Lynnea, at 4:46 AM  
did you read about the chap who recently ingested poison and was SAVED by a vodka drip? no, really!!

I sure enjoy those Jed Clampett insurance commercials...

some were born to ride, I guess you're here to play... lucky you! :)))
Blogger ipm, at 6:04 AM  
Jeremiah? Jeremiah is that you? I had heard you were dead, but i guess you were just playin' at it.
Blogger meno, at 2:32 PM  
TG: Jeremihan. I like that. And, maybe the liquid or gas form of that insight could be called "Jeremihanide".

Mona: Hey you! I always tried to avoid my playfulness. No mas.

Maggie: Follow me! Elevator up!

Ipm: I did. That's how you'll revive me too. I keep a bunch on hand, just in case, you know.

Meno: As the Jamaicans say "You lick him down, him jump right back. He's a hard man fe dead."
Blogger Elliot, at 12:27 AM  

Say sump-tun